A brief article on market anarchists attending the RNC was recently posted at Infoshop. If you want a good laugh, scroll down and read the responses.
One commentor writes:
The sooner so-called "market anarchists" totally distance themselves from "anarcho"-capitalism and people like Molinari, Rothbard and other supporters of "pure" capitalism the better. It would also help if they called themselves, say, mutualists -- assuming, of course, that they are genuine anarchists...
Hahaha yeah, if only we would see the light and embrace mutualism. *Raspberry* That'll happen soon!
And what is the argument? That defenders of capitalism and hierarchy like Molinari and Rothbard are actually "market anarchists"? If they are, then "market anarchism" is simply "anarcho"-capitalism with a more clued up PR campaign. If they are not, then why link to a site which includes "anarcho"-capitalism in "market anarchism"?
Hey, they caught on surprisingly quick on that one! Usually they're easier to fool (not exactly the sharpest tools in the shed, after all).
Another dullard leaves a series of questions. My insightful, respectful answers are after them.
1. Do market anarchists believe in inherited wealth?
2. Do market anarchists believe that individuals who accumulate more wealth have the right to purchase for private use large areas of property and enjoy them and the products of this land?
Or do they subscribe by Tucker's late idea that whoever has the most force to possess the land has the right to take it?
Nah, that's a bunch of tree-hugging hippie crap.
3. Do market anarchists believe that they can use wage labour and that using employees is a consensual act?
Hells yeah, we dig that stuff.
Or to [sic] they only believe in individual labour or cooperative labour?
A hahahahaha!!! *Catching breath* No seriously..."cooperative labor"...a hahahahah!
Where do they come up with this stuff?
4. What is this "market" if not the instrument which determines, among other things, the value of exchange for goods and labour? (At least Warren wanted to make time equal to time.)
BWA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh my god, I feel like I'm going to pass out. What's next, worship of the pagan gods?
6. Why are the market anarchist pages full of anarchocapitalist texts?
Because we are anarcho-capitalists, you dummy.
Thanks for the chuckles, geniuses.
(Note: this post was written with a lot of Smirnoff in me. Don't take it too seriously.)